Sunday, January 5, 2014

November

My dad came down one weekend for a dental conference he had, so we got to spend a little time with him and eat some good food (one of the best parts of parent’s visiting, right?!) Dan also finally finished up interviews and recruiting, and got 2 internship offers! He ended up signing on with Ernst & Young so we are very excited for that opportunity next summer. 

The last week of November was American Thanksgiving, and since Dan only had 2 classes, I took off the whole week and we had ourselves a “babymoon”! Dan’s always wanted to go on a cruise so I finally gave in and we did a little 3-day one down to Ensenada, Mexico. It was pretty fun and of course, we loved the huge amounts of food available! It’s a good thing I’m already supposed to get fat or I would have been in trouble. ;) In Mexico we got to hold a little baby lion. It was soo cute, just a little scary when he snapped at me! Apparently, I also started showing more noticably this month as a number of the Mexicans were not afraid to comment on my current condition!







On Sunday (24th) the day we were leaving for the cruise, my grandfather passed away after being in and out of the hospital for months. I was so glad I got to call him a few days earlier and chat, even though it was hard to understand him over the phone. He knew it was me though, and I’m told he was grinning ear to ear when I called, so even though it was hard for me, I’m so glad I got to do that! I also made an effort to see him when I came home this summer and I am so glad I did! For those who didn’t know him, my Poppa was an absolutely amazing man and I am going to miss him. But he lived a good life, and his time here was done. Thankfully, my parents made arrangements for Dan and me to come to Canada right after our cruise and so I was able to be there for the funeral. It was beautiful, and I’m glad so many of his family made it. We sure loved him.









No comments:

Post a Comment