Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Technology Tribute

Sometimes my life sucks. Sometimes I write a really awesome blog post, and then go to add a picture to it, and lose the whole thing. I don't know how it works, but it sucks. Soooo this is going to be a much shortened redo of what I had written. I read a post by a classmate earlier thanking technology, and I realized that the vast majority (if not all) of my posts end with a message about how bad the media can be and to be careful, blah blah blah. So I decided to write my own little thank-you!

Confession: I am a texting addict. Well, not really. I can (and have) gone days without sending/receiving a single text! But I do love texting. I am very shy, and non-confrontational, so I love being able to text people. If I need something done, or have to talk to someone (and I usually don't want to), texting is a great way for me to "confront" them in a much easier way.

Unconfession: I am definitely not saying that everyone should go out and start texting like crazy - that would be a disaster. I still believe we should be careful about our media use and, especially in our day and age, not let our cell phones take over our lives. But I really am thankful for all the advances we've made - especially the iPhone. I didn't want to get one, but my phone broke on the first day of school this semester, and my husband convinced me to get it. And it's awesome - the iMessage feature is so great. My family is all back in Canada so I can't text/call them without giving up an arm as payment. But now I can - and it's amazing! Now I get to chat with my friends and family back home all the time. And I get to see my adorable little niece, even though I'm missing her growing up.


Isn't she just the cutest?!

No comments:

Post a Comment