Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Let's get started!

Okay so here's the deal: I am in a class - Media, Family, & Human Development - which requires me to write bi-weekly on media related things. So the vast majority of posts over the next four months will not actually be about Dan & I - but stay with me! It's gonna be fun. For my first assigned post, I wanted to talk about my current favorite - Criminal Minds. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Unless you get queasy from images, or talk of certain murderous acts, then of course I would recommend maybe Spongebob. And if you do know what it's about - don't judge me! I'm not a sick, weird, psycho. I just happen to be very interested in why and how situations come about for these people, as well as the logic and behavioral analysis involved in catching them!

But I got to thinking - this show may not have any real negative effect on me, but it's possible it could be very detrimental to someone else! For example, helping to create the "mean world syndrome." In this show, they are catching a new killer every day! They are all over the place! It's possible someone could start to view the real world that way, and be scared to go out or trust others. Or perhaps it really could cause a violent person to kill - maybe they watch the show and use it for "new ideas" of how to go about their business. But I don't think that's very likely. And don't worry, I still think people are nice!

1 comment:

  1. I use to watch this show ALL the time! But then I started to get paranoid that people were always after me. So I quit the show. But it is so fascinating!

    ReplyDelete