Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cooking Shows aren't Easy

So uhh, I'm doing a cooking class right now, and I just had to do a cooking demostration tonight, similar to what you would see on any TLC cooking show (think Rachel Ray)... Well I certainly learned one thing: and that is that it is not as easy as they all make it look! I stuttered over my words, I forgot the interesting tidbits I was gonna say, I didn't have all the ingredients set out! Heck, I even forgot one (very important) step and had to go back to it... possibly destroying the entire product. But no biggie, just laugh it off! In the end, it turned out not too bad and I'm sure I'll still pass the class!

Now I've seen my fair share of chefs on TV, and I'm pretty sure none of them need to look at their script, stumble over ingredients they forgot to place out, or even forget the steps in a simple biscuit recipe! But I bet they actually practice their demonstrations first.. and I guess they are professionals right? They actually know how to cook, unlike someone here. Sooo the moral of the story is, the media (specifically TV) can alter your perceptions. It makes hard things look easy, bad things look good, and dumb things look smart. So watch out! :) Be a smart consumer

No comments:

Post a Comment