Thursday, February 23, 2012

Seven Thirty

The media (TV shows, movies, random 1am texts..) always tell you it's cool to stay up late. After midnight is when things really start happening. Losers with no life go to bed early. And since I'm a night-owl, most of the time I agree. But here's the thing: once you get married, staying up late is waaaay less cool. (Even though the media never shows that... they lie.) For some reason we can't seem to stay up past 12. But hey, we're still cool. You don't have to listen to what those other people say. I mean get this: Last night I'm totally exhausted. I've been working my butt off all day all week (it never seems to get any smaller though...) and I just need a break! My husband has recently left for his city-league basketball game. I decide to keep working on my study guide, but a wall hits. At 7:30 I realize I am no longer functionable and text my husband - "Wake me up when you get home." Well a lot of good that did. Bless his heart, he tried - three times. Finally he made me take my contacts out and let me sleep the whole night! It was pretty awesome and you know what? I feel way cooler right now than if I stayed up till 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment