Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscars: Big Deal or No Big Deal?

I have never understood all the hype about all these awards shows; my family never got together to sit down and watch, I never lost sleep over who was going to win, and I don't ogle over the gorgeous dresses (though I will admit there were some fabulous ones). All in all, I just don't get why some people get so excited about it and plan their whole schedules around watching the entire show. That being said, I went to a little Oscar "party" at a couple-friends house where we had snacks, played the bingo, and put in our votes for the winners. It was pretty fun, I will admit. I even won the prize of Martinelli's cider for guessing the most winners correctly! (And really, how can you not have fun when you win?!) I don't even know how I did it, because I didn't see or know about 90% of the films/actors there. I must be gaining powers from all the Psych I've watched. Anyway, even though we had fun, overall I think these shows are kinda slow. It's really interesting, and I like seeing who wins, but I think I'd like it a lot better if they made them a little more fast-paced. Shorten the intros, the speeches, the clips, you know. It just takes HOURS! And I dont have that kind of time or patience. So, there's my spiel. I'll get off my soapbox. What it all comes down to is.... (me thinking...) I guess they're really not that big of a deal for us small folk down here, so be careful not to let media run your life or determine your priorities!

P.S. I totally called it on The Artist winning Best Picture! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment